Pacifica’s commitment to preservation and education about plants and the environment can be very broadly divided into two parts: its 250 acre Botanic Garden area and its 200 acre Klamath-Siskiyou Nature Center.
The Nature Center acreage is land that is in natural vegetation, as it has not been farmed or grazed for many years. We will continue to keep the Nature Center environment substantially unchanged so visitors can experience Pacifica’s variety of habitats. From riparian to chaparral, oak savannah to cool montane, there are six to eight different habitats, each supporting different types of plants and birds waiting for visitors to explore and enjoy. Our BLM neighbors share 120 acres with the Nature Center, supporting our 4 miles of developing interpretive trails. Hikers can not only enjoy the beautiful landscapes and mountain views, but will be able to experience interactive learning opportunities at interpretive stations along the trails.
Things to Do at the Nature Center
- Hiking: Enjoy 1 to 3 mile hikes on mostly easy-going trails in a variety of habitats for walkers or hikers (polite dogs are welcome).
- Bird Watching: Over 100 species of birds have been sited at Pacifica, thanks to the variety of habitats available. For more information, check out our Birds of Pacifica page.
- Catch & Release Fishing: Enjoy a relaxing afternoon at our pond stocked with hungry bass and blue gill.
- Special Events: Pacifica is an ideal location for friends and family to gather for picnics, birthday parties, reunions, or any event, large or small. Feel free to stop by anytime for an impromptu gathering. If you are planning a larger event, such as a wedding, please contact us at 541-846-1100 or email@example.com.
Nature Center Photo Gallery
- Supervise your Children
- Smoke only in posted “Smoking Areas”
- Clean Up After Yourself (leave nothing behind)
- Keep Dogs on Leashes & Clean up after Them
- No Outdoor Fires
- No Weapons
- No Drinking by Minors
- No Drugs
- No Intoxication
- Follow the Leave No Trace Principles for Enjoying the Outdoors Responsibly